Saturday 19 May 2012

Saturday afternoon update

Well this is a bit of a disappointing position from John Pilger: "Bradley Manning, not gay marriage, is the issue" http://www.greenleft.org.au/node/51053#comment-56850 . I for one don't see the need  to counterpose campaigns for peace, freedom and  equality like Pilger seems to be doing in this case. Yay for all the excellent comments people are posting.

In other news, a little Emma update:

In Vietnam I bought some very good headphones, and since coming home I've been having a bit of a musical revolution with my iPod- listening to music I've loved for years and hearing bass lines, backing vocals and harmonies I never knew were there.... Hmmm maybe my last headphones were just really bad.

Next weekend I am driving to Ramingining with some colleagues. Here it is on a map of my stomping ground:


It's my first time to Ramo, and the first  time in a while that I've driven rather than flown out bush. It's about 12 hours from Darwin, and  we're still waiting to hear about the height of a few rivers before we decide whether to take the Central Arnhem Road or go across the hoot.

Anyway it should be a hoot... especially if I can spend  my non-driving shifts curled up in the back of a 4WD with my iPod and aforementioned awesome headphones.

No comments:

Post a Comment